Tips for running uphill:
(1) Be prepared to walk - as this will double your stride length! When walking lean forward and place your hands on your quads, just above your knees.
(2)Pace yourself - as hills in the fells can be long and challenging.
(3)Strengthen your calfs and glutes - as these muscles will propel you up the hills.
Tips for running downhill:
(1) Use your arms - they will help you to balance. Don't be afraid to put them up in the air or out to the side!
(2) Look ahead and not down - your peripheral vision will enable you to see trip hazards more quickly. This one can take some practice!
(3) Strengthen your quads and hips - these muscles will help you to keep balance and rhythm.
My 3 top tips:
(1) Have a look at the course beforehand - so you know what's to come.
(2) Practice - as practice makes perfect!
(3) Enjoy yourself!!
Learn more about Gwynth by reading her bio:
|Numeric age*||Age 7/8||Age 9/10||Age 11/12||Age 13+|
|cm/inches||Age 7/8||Age 9/11||Age 12/13|
|Unisex Kids Hoodies Chest||86/34||92/36||98/39|
|Unisex Kids Hoodies Sleeve Length||43/17||47/19||51/20|
|Boys T-Shirt Chest||78/31||82/32||89/35|
Adult Hoodies and T-Shirts
|Hoodie Sleeve Length||58/29||59/23||61/24||62/24||64/25|